Friday, November 13, 2009

Princess In a Tower

"The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength,
in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation,
and my high tower."
~ Psalm 18:2 ~

Most likely everybody in this world has some kind of place he likes to call his own. Think about it! Maybe there's a certain place you like to go that just makes you feel special, protected, adequate... like the beach, a shopping mall (lol!), or it might just be a room in your house.

My bedroom is all that for me. It's the place that I spend most of my time in. Seriously... it's where I do all my school work, where I sleep (obviously!), the place I make my "escape" to, where I cry and vent my frustrations, and where I feel truly safe, protected, and secure.

My awesome room is located on the second floor of our house. It's the only room up there, so you could say it's kinda secluded :) Leading up to it is this skinny, tiny, windy staircase. I have a friend, and whenever she goes up to my room, she says, "I feel like a princess in a tower!" (you know who you are! :P). And hey! Guess what? It does kind of feel like I'm in a tower! And the princess part? Well.. that too! After all, I'm the daughter of the King of kings!

My "tower" is pretty cool, isn't it? But there's this other Tower I want to talk about. My "tower", even with it's cute windy staircase, is just a room.. which could collapse in an earthquake at any time! Very unreliable, I'm afraid.

The Bible says that God is my Tower.. and my Fortress, and my Strength, and so many other wonderful things! I can truly trust in Him, because He has promised to always be there for me. He, as my Tower, can give me true security. I can feel safe and loved in Him. I don't have to worry about this Tower tumbling down in an earthquake. I can take all my fears, all my frustrations, all my worries.. to Him, who will always be there for me.. no matter what!

Now I can truthfully say that I am a princess in a Tower. In a safe, stong tower.. where nothing can ever hurt me, because I am His.

I am His princess.




14 comments:

Taylor said...

Hi Rebekah,
I'm so glad you stopped by my blog! Thank you for following!! I really enjoyed reading all your blog posts. What's funny is your post about glorifying God in schoolwork is EXACTLY like me!!! I have been doubling up on my schoolwork for quite awhile now... So I know exactly how it feels! :)

Anyway, I love your blog... I think it's really neat that you're an MK in Chile! I look forward to hearing more about that!

Thanks again for leaving me a comment!

God bless,
~Taylor

Arianna said...

Love your blog, Rachel! :) Thank you for sharing this post. I think sometimes we try to put our faith in other things, like a place that feels like our tower, instead of God. So thanks for the reminder! People and things will eventually let us down, but God never will. Awesome thought, huh? :)

Elizabeth J. said...

Hi Rachel, I just arrived here from the Teen Girls for Christ blog. I really enjoyed the above post, you write well.=) If you'd like, feel welcome to drop by my blogs. Oh, Footprints in the Sand is my main blog. Thanks for reading this comment.

~Elizabeth J.

~Rebekah Bjur~ said...

Hey Girls! Thanks for stopping by and for your sweet comments :D I really appreciate it! Looking forward to getting to know you! =D

God bless!
Rebekah Bjur

LocaChica said...

Fantastic post! I'm soo excited to have found your blog :) Thanks for commenting on my blog

emii said...

Hey Rebekah,
I just got here from Teen Girls For Christ, too. That was a really good post...ooh, must be awesome having a tower room! :)

Luv,Emii

Elizabeth J. said...

Rebekah, I just saw your comment on my blog-thank you for it. I'll try to drop by here again.=)

~Elizabeth

Sarah Beth said...

Hey you! I just WONDER who that someone might be! lol And you're right... you ARE a princess. And a wonderful friend, amazing singer, and a nice book-borrower. LOL see ya soon!

Alicia said...

Hey, I found my way here through Sarah's MK blog =) I loved this post! I totally agree with you; my bedroom is my mini-fortress. Lol! What a great picture though, of Christ being our true stronghold. Great blog! I hope you have a wonderful day =)

~Alicia B.

Taylor said...

Hey Rebekah,
I have awarded you over at my blog! That is, if you do awards. :) I just wanted to let you know!

Blessings,
~Taylor

Taylor said...

In response to the question you asked on my blog about the award: Yes! You're correct. :)

Have a blessed day!

~Taylor

Kayla said...

Hi! I was one of the people awarded on Taylor's blog to! I was just checking out the people who got awarded and came upon your blog. Thanks foor being SO encouraging!

Blessings to you and your family,
Kayla

Kayla said...

Hi! I am really sorry but we don't ship out of the USA. Very sorry,

God bless,
Kayla

Leah said...

Thank you so much for commenting and becoming my follower!! I love comments! And I really appreciate followers!

You have a wonderful blog!

What a great post!! You are truly right! God is our only real protection and comfort.

Many blessings,

Leah