Thursday, August 20, 2009

Just some thoughts...

Hey Ya'll!


Today I was reading about Creation in my Bible. It got me to thinking again about what a great God we have! And reading about Creation also shows me I have a creative God. Just look at all the cool design around us! In youth group on Saturday nights we've been discussing the topic: "Why do we believe the Bible?", and the same things were mentioned.


Psalm 19:1 says "The heavens declare the glory; and the firmament showeth His handiwork." That is SO true. And think about this: the "heavens" is one of God's creations, right? It has so much design and beauty to it, and gives testimony to the fact that we have a beautiful and creative God, therefore.. it declares His glory. How much more should we, His unique and most important creation, declare the glory of God? Isaiah 43:7 " Even everyone that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him."


I, as God's child and creation, need to show His "handiwork" in my life. We need to glorify God with our lives by pleasing Him each end every day for the rest of our lives!


Well... these were just some thoughts that were on my mind today and wanted to share them with you =D Let's declare the glory of God!!


Living in His beauty,
Rebekah Bjur~





The following are pictures taken at a beach right outside our city. Whenever we go there, I never cease to be amazed by God's awesomeness. The pictures really do not do it justice, lol. It's really, really beautiful. Enjoy!












2 comments:

Sarah Beth said...

Oh... I miss the sand! lol Are you gonna climb the cerros with us again!? That was SO much fun!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. It's true, and if we ever cease to praise our Creator, the rocks will cry out.

Thanks for posting!

Sarah Beth

~Rebekah Bjur~ said...

Sarah.. that was NOT fun.. haha.. I almost died!!! lol.. and all those cactus thorns pricking my hands..! uggh.. LOL
Seriously.. next time you guys cross over to Arica we need to take you to that beach that was in the pix. It's really beautiful. I can't believe we've never taken you there before.. it's a must! Tons of caves and rocks and seashells and sealions :)

Miss you, friend!! Thanks for commenting ;)