Thursday, August 27, 2009

Glorifying God... in my schoolwork???

Hey everybody!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've been pretty busy :) School has been taking up most of time recently, as I am trying to do TWO years in one! It can be REALLY exhausting at times, but somehow... God keeps giving me His grace every morning to do what I need to do. Now it gives me the laughs at the thought that before I started doubling my schoolwork every day, I could barely complete one day's worth of school! I kept making excuses, I guess.. lol.. as to why I couldn't. But now I see that I was just being plain lazy =D

I suddenly "came back down to earth" one day and realized how behind I was in my schoolwork, and thought.. "hey! no problem.. I can start doing double". And that's what I did. I realized that I needed to "redeem" the time time that God has given me. I need to be prepared for what God might have for me in the near future. I have no idea what that is, but I know that I can't really do it if I'm being lazy and still stuck in the 7th grade (no, I'm NOT in 7th grade... lol.. just an example)! But seriously.. I guess the hardest thing for me while taking on this new challege has been getting up early. And I mean HARDDD!!! I 've always, always been a late-sleeper-inner :P Considering the fact that we live in a very "nocturnal" country, and, as a rule.. I never go to sleep before midnight.. lol! (believe me.. we've tried to develop an earlier get-to-bed schedule, and it just doesn't work!) So.. it has definately been a challege. I find myself asking God every night to help me get up early. I need help from Above to accomplish this hard task.. lol.

I know that God's will for my life right now is to be a good daughter, sister, and student. And only when I fulfill these responsibilities will I be ready for the bigger things that He has in store for me :D

I will try to post some pictures later. Thanks for stopping by!
Hope you have a blessed day!




Living in His Beauty,
Rebekah Bjur~

1 comment:

Sarah Beth said...

ya... don't eat dinner till 10... get to bed around 1-ish. I'm proud of you, Becky! I know it is a struggle... especially when ur always out late with church activities and stuff. : ) You can do it... let me know if I can help u with anything. Well, just not math, or english, or science... oh, or history. Anything else, I'm the one for the job!! lol c ya soon

~sb